Looking for a main dish kids will like making and eating? Try this quick casserole from Irene Delbaugh of York, Pennsylvania. "I've served it quite often when time is short. Children especially enjoy it," she comments.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise; cut into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown hot dogs over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Add onion and butter; cook until onion is tender. Stir in the macaroni, soup, water and mustard.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Dog Macaroni Bake in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p41
Reviews for Hot Dog Macaroni Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review