Hot Dog Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green liquid food coloring
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- Yellow decorating frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in flour and vanilla. Remove 1 cup dough; add red food coloring and knead until well combined. Cover and refrigerate remaining dough for 1 hour.
- 2. For hot dogs, divide red dough into 16 portions. Shape into 2-1/2-in. logs and round the ends; set aside. Divide plain dough into 16 portions. Shape into 3-in. logs; make a very deep lengthwise groove in each. Smooth edges to form buns. Place 3 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Place hot dogs in buns.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool.
- 4. For pickle relish, place coconut in a plastic bag; sprinkle 1-2 drops of green food coloring into bag and shake until color is evenly distributed. Sprinkle over hot dogs. For mustard, pipe a stripe of yellow frosting down the center of each. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 178 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Hot Dog Cookies
"I love the design...and will definatley use that idea again. But the sugar cookie recipe was one of the tasteless recipes I have ever tried in a sugar cookie."