Hot Dog Bean Soup Recipe
- 3 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook hot dogs in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in hot dogs. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hot Dog Bean Soup(2)
Sort By :
I have not tried the mentioned recipe but I make a hot dog bean soup that is excellent. I start with melted butter, add onions, (saute lightly) add one jar of chicken gravy, dash of thyme,celery salt, canned navy beans, mixed vegetables, water (one can full) salt and pepper to taste and then add hot dogs, cut into small pieces. Cook for 45 minutes and its ready. Delicious. My family loves it and I make it at least once a month. Serve with crusty french or cuban bread. It is so easy!
It sounded like it would be a good meal for children..boy was I wrong. It was very bland and I felt like I wasted hot dogs..