Hot Curried Fruit Compote Recipe
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spiced apple rings, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- Drain the pineapple, peaches and pears, reserving juices; set the fruit aside. In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugars and curry powder. Gradually stir in reserved juices until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in apple rings and reserved fruit; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in cherries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Hot Curried Fruit in Reminisce September/October 2003, p48
Reviews for Hot Curried Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review