Hot Curried Fruit Recipe
Baked and served hot, this soothing side dish is made with a colorful blend of handy canned fruits. It's simple to prepare yet special enough to serve at an Easter buffet. Elizabeth Hunter, Prosperity, South Carolina
- 2 cans (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- In a 2-1/2-qt. casserole, combine fruit and raisins. Melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in brown sugar and curry powder. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over fruit mixture; mix gently. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Hot Curried Fruit in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p33
Reviews for Hot Curried Fruit(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2011
I made this only I left out the apricots and raisins. I added some halved pecans and topped with red maraschino cherries.