- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8
- minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and
- let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; shape into 30 balls. Place on greased baking
- sheets. Cut a cross on top of each roll with a sharp knife. Cover
- and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Beat water and egg yolk; brush over rolls. Bake at 375° for 12-15
- minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks. For icing, combine the
- confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth; drizzle over
- rolls. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.