I like to keep these ingredients on hand as a last-minute snack for unexpected company. Sometimes I double the horseradish for a little extra kick. —Mary Williams, Lancaster, California
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Additional dill weed or snipped fresh dill, optional
- Assorted crackers or sliced French bread
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, milk, horseradish, salt, dill and pepper. Stir in crab and onions. Spread evenly into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. If desired, sprinkle with additional dill in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes. Serve with crackers or bread. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hot Crab Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p26
Reviews for Hot Cream Cheese Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review