Hot Cranberry Tea
Cinnamon-infused cranberries combine with orange and lemon juices for a not-too-sweet beverage. The crimson color is perfect for the holiday season.Sarah Dennis Scott, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 quarts water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water, cranberries and cinnamon. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until
- berries pop, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Discard cinnamon. Strain cranberry mixture
- through a cheesecloth-lined colander. Return to Dutch oven. Stir in
- the sugar, orange juice and lemon juice; heat through. Serve warm.
- Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.