Hot Cranberry Punch
With its spicy ingredients, this thirst-quencher packs a hearty harvest punch. Notes June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa, "The beverage is a cinch to brew for a crowd. And whatever is left can be saved and reheated later."
18-22 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) cranberry juice
- 4 cups water
- 3-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches), broken
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- In a 24-cup percolator, combine cranberry juice, water, pineapple
- juice, brown sugar and food coloring if desired. Place the cinnamon
- sticks, cloves and allspice in percolator basket; cover and begin
- perking. When cycle is complete, discard contents of basket. Serve
- the punch warm. Yield: 18-22 servings (about 1 gallon).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 74 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.