Hot Cranberry Drink
My mother would brew a batch of this hot drink when any of us children were sick. One sip and we'd instantly feel better! Now I make it for my husband and daughter on dreary winter mornings or anytime they're feeling under the weather.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 7 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a saucepan, cook cranberries in 2 cups water until they pop.
- Strain through a fine sieve, reserving juice and discarding skins;
- set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, candies, cloves and remaining
- water. Cook until candies are dissolved. Add orange and lemon juices
- and reserved cranberry juice; heat though. Discard cloves. Serve
- hot. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).