Hot Cranberry Citrus Drink Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 10 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-7 minutes or until berries pop. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
- 2. Strain through cheesecloth; discard pulp and cinnamon sticks. Serve warm. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 cup: 109 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Hot Cranberry Citrus Drink
"I don't usually review recipes, but felt I had to do something to balance the 1 star comment. This is my go-to holiday and cold-day party drink. It's not overly sweet like cider can be, and I like it because it's different (and a pretty color). Do try!"
"This had no flavor...I had to add other juices and sugar. It's a lot of work and quite a disappointment."
"This is a favorite of our family around the holidays. Warms you from the inside out with great flavor!"
"I love this drink, especially on a cold day!"