Hot Cranberry Citrus Drink Recipe
This lovely rosy drink, with its appealing fresh fruit flavor, is not too sweet or too tart. I sometimes serve this hot beverage at Christmas or at brunch gatherings as an alternative to coffee, tea or cold juice. -Shari Donaldson, Cummings, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 10 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-7 minutes or until berries pop. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
- 2. Strain through cheesecloth; discard pulp and cinnamon sticks. Serve warm. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 109 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC