- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 10 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-7 minutes or until berries pop. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth; discard pulp and cinnamon sticks. Serve warm. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Hot Cranberry Citrus Drink
"I don't usually review recipes, but felt I had to do something to balance the 1 star comment. This is my go-to holiday and cold-day party drink. It's not overly sweet like cider can be, and I like it because it's different (and a pretty color). Do try!"
"This had no flavor...I had to add other juices and sugar. It's a lot of work and quite a disappointment."
"This is a favorite of our family around the holidays. Warms you from the inside out with great flavor!"
"I love this drink, especially on a cold day!"