This lovely rosy drink, with its appealing fresh fruit flavor, is not too sweet or too tart. I sometimes serve this hot beverage at Christmas or at brunch gatherings as an alternative to coffee, tea or cold juice. -Shari Donaldson, Cummings, Kansas
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 10 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-7 minutes or until berries pop. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth; discard pulp and cinnamon sticks. Serve warm. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Hot Cranberry Citrus Drink in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p33
Reviews for Hot Cranberry Citrus Drink
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review