Hot Cran-Apple Cider Recipe
This sparkly refreshing fruit drink is part of every holiday occasion I host. A tangy twist on plain apple cider, it fills the house with warm Christmas aromas as it simmers.
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium navel orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1. Insert cloves into orange. Cut orange and lemon into slices. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; add orange and lemon slices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove cinnamon sticks and fruit slices with a slotted spoon if desired before serving. Ladle into mugs. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC