This sparkly refreshing fruit drink is part of every holiday occasion I host. A tangy twist on plain apple cider, it fills the house with warm Christmas aromas as it simmers.
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium navel orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Insert cloves into orange. Cut orange and lemon into slices. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; add orange and lemon slices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and fruit slices with a slotted spoon if desired before serving. Ladle into mugs. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Cran-Apple Cider in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p14
Reviews for Hot Cran-Apple Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2011
"This is wonderful! A great change from hot chocolate or hot tea. And it makes your home smell like the holidays!"