This sparkly refreshing fruit drink is part of every holiday occasion I host. A tangy twist on plain apple cider, it fills the house with warm Christmas aromas as it simmers.
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium navel orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Insert cloves into orange. Cut orange and lemon into slices. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; add orange and lemon slices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and fruit slices with a slotted spoon if desired before serving. Ladle into mugs. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Cran-Apple Cider in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p14
Reviews for Hot Cran-Apple Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2015
"Loved this. Doubled it and simmered in crockpot."
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2011
"This is wonderful! A great change from hot chocolate or hot tea. And it makes your home smell like the holidays!"