Hot Crab Spread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add mayonnaise. Stir in cheese. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in crab; cover and cook 1 hour longer or until heated through. Serve spread warm with crackers. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Hot Crab Spread in Country April/May 2004, p51
Reviews for Hot Crab Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"Do a very similar one, and it's drop dead DE-lusush! (Spelling intended.)"
Reviewed May. 19, 2011
"I would love to make this recipe, but 4 cans of crabmeat around here would cost $20.00! ($5 a can)."