Hot Crab Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the crab, red pepper, cheese, onions, parsley and cayenne. Spread 1/3 cupful over one side of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Cut and discard ends of roll-ups. Cut each into six slices. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 appetizers equals 123 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Hot Crab Pinwheels
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.