Hot Crab Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the crab, red pepper, cheese, onions, parsley and cayenne. Spread 1/3 cupful over one side of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Cut and discard ends of roll-ups. Cut each into six slices. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 each: 123 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Hot Crab Pinwheels
"terrific. Added garlic powder and additional onions. Got great reviews"
"These are terrible. I made it twice. The second time I rinsed the crab for 10 minutes under cold water and even squeezed lemon juice over it to kill the fishy flavor. No luck. Both batches tasted horrifically fishy. Both batches went into the garbage."
"made this the other day and it was gone by the end of the night (from just 3 people!) was really amazing!"
"I've also found that the crab spread makes a great hot dip when served with triscuits or club crackers"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.