Hot Crab Pinwheels
"I got the recipe for these crabmeat bites from a friend. What amazed me most is that my husband, who hates seafood, couldn't stop eating them," shares Kitti Boesel of Woodbridge, Virginia.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the crab,
- red pepper, cheese, onions, parsley and cayenne. Spread 1/3 cupful
- over one side of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic
- wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut and discard ends of roll-ups. Cut each into six slices. Place on
- baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10
- minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 appetizers equals 123 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.