- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Beat cream cheese until smooth; stir in crab, red pepper, cheese, green onions, parsley and cayenne. Spread 1/3 cup filling over each tortilla; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic, twisting ends to seal; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap rolls; trim ends and cut each into six slices. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Hot Crab Pinwheels
"terrific. Added garlic powder and additional onions. Got great reviews"
"These are terrible. I made it twice. The second time I rinsed the crab for 10 minutes under cold water and even squeezed lemon juice over it to kill the fishy flavor. No luck. Both batches tasted horrifically fishy. Both batches went into the garbage."
"made this the other day and it was gone by the end of the night (from just 3 people!) was really amazing!"
"I've also found that the crab spread makes a great hot dip when served with triscuits or club crackers"