Hot Crab Hero
These rich sandwich slices make great appetizers, whether you’re entertaining at home or taking a special dish to a carry-in dinner. —Beverly Mix, Missoula, Montana
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven
- ingredients. Slice bread horizontally in half; spread cut sides with
- butter. Top with cheese; spread with crab mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until
- browned. Yield: 12-14 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 163 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.