Hot Crab Hero Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Slice bread horizontally in half; spread cut sides with butter. Top with cheese; spread with crab mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Yield: 12-14 slices.
Reviews for Hot Crab Hero(5)
Sort By :
Very good and very easy! Definitely making it again. I can't get enough of it!
My mother used to do this 40 yrs ago. Was just looking for it to recall whether it was 2-1 mayo or sour cream. It's quick, easy and yummy. Use shrimp as a change. Also, I use the broiler to crisp the top for the last few minutes and keep the bun from going too hard. The old recipe we had called for longer in the oven; 20 - 25 min sounds way better. Good party app .. will do it tonight
Absolutely awesome. Its really good with a little cayenne pepper and a red or orange bell pepper
Try plain yogurt, even lowfat should work okay.
is there a substitute for the mayo that I could use? I absolutely hate mayonaise, but I really want to make this!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >