These rich sandwich slices make great appetizers, whether you’re entertaining at home or taking a special dish to a carry-in dinner. —Beverly Mix, Missoula, Montana
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Slice bread horizontally in half; spread cut sides with butter. Top with cheese; spread with crab mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until browned. Cut into slices. Yield: 12-14 slices.
Originally published as Hot Crab Hero in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p37
Reviews for Hot Crab Hero
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review