Hot Crab Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine milk and salsa. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese, crab, onions and chilies. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 5 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hot Crab Dip
Sort By :
Pretty good, though was a little to sweet tasting. Needs a little ump. Maybe a bit of hot sauce. Will make again, though, with a bit of a touch up.
I have not made this yet but was wondering if can be made the day ahead, refrigerated, then reheated (how?) at host's home next
Loved it! The little bit of "heat" from the salsa and green chilies makes it so good!
After reading the other reviews, I cut back to 2 pkg. of cream cheese & added 2 cans of tiny shrimp. I used reduced fat cream cheese and it tasted delicious.
I liked it just as well, if not better, served cold the next day with some chopped celery to give it some crunch!
Made it for the Super Bowl. It was extremely easy to make and very delicious, everyone at the party raved about it.
I loved this recipe. I added a can of tiny shrimp and it was fabulous!