- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine milk and salsa. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese, crab, onions and chilies. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 5 cups.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Hot Crab Dip
Sort By :
"I made this for a Thanksgiving Day appetizer for the first time several years ago, and what a hit! Everyone loved it so much that it became a regular addition to Thanksgiving at my house. I think that if I decided not to make it, nobody would show! Would love it if there were leftovers, bit there never are."
"Pretty good, though was a little to sweet tasting. Needs a little ump. Maybe a bit of hot sauce. Will make again, though, with a bit of a touch up."
"I have not made this yet but was wondering if can be made the day ahead, refrigerated, then reheated (how?) at host's home nextday?"
"Loved it! The little bit of "heat" from the salsa and green chilies makes it so good!After reading the other reviews, I cut back to 2 pkg. of cream cheese & added 2 cans of tiny shrimp. I used reduced fat cream cheese and it tasted delicious.I liked it just as well, if not better, served cold the next day with some chopped celery to give it some crunch!"
"Made it for the Super Bowl. It was extremely easy to make and very delicious, everyone at the party raved about it."