Hot Crab Dip
I have six children and one grandchild, work full-time, and coach soccer and football. So I appreciate recipes like this one that are easy to assemble. The rich, creamy dip is a fun appetizer for holiday gatherings. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
20 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine milk and salsa. Transfer to a greased 3-qt.
- slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese, crab, onions and chilies. Cover
- and cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: about 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free milk and reduced-fat cream cheese; calculated without crackers) equals 80 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.