The addition of crabmeat makes this artichoke spread a little more special than most. The recipe proves that great-tasting dishes don't have to take a lot of time to prepare!—Emily Almaguer, x
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Gruyere cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- Cubed French bread
- In a large skillet, saute leek in oil until tender. Add the artichokes, crab, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne; heat until cream cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, sour cream and 1/3 cup Asiago cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with bread. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Hot Crab & Artichoke Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p12
Reviews for Hot Crab & Artichoke Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review