Hot Corned Beef Buns
It wouldn't be St. Pat's Day without corned beef...and folks will love these savory sandwiches from Toni Keyworth. "My mother-in-law gave me this recipe. It always proves to be fast when time is short," she writes from Yale, Michigan. "I've also placed the filling between slices of bread and cooked the sandwiches like grilled cheese.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound deli corned beef, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dill or sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the corned beef, cheese, mayonnaise, onion and
- relish. Spread butter over cut side of buns. Spoon corned beef
- mixture over bottom halves; replace tops. Place in an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover with foil. Bake at 425° for
- 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 490 calories, 35 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,438 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.