Hot Collards and Artichoke Dip
Anyone can pull off spinach and artichoke dip - so brighten it up using collard greens for a Southern twist. Serve this dish with warm garlic Naan or tortilla chips. —Billie Williams-Henderson, Bowie, Maryland
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 12 ounces frozen chopped collard greens (about 4 cups), thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Garlic naan flatbreads, warmed and cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients and 1 cup mozzarella
- cheese until blended. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated
- through and cheese is melted. Serve with naan. Yield: 24 servings
- (1/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without naan) equals 190 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.