Hot Colby Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 15 dinner rolls (about 3-inch diameter), sliced
- 15 slices Colby cheese
- 15 thin slices deli ham (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and sugar. Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top each with Colby cheese, ham and mozzarella. Drizzle with half of the butter mixture.
- 2. Replace roll tops. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Hot Colby Ham Sandwiches
"I made one for myself today just to try them out. It was fabulous. I am going to make them tomorrow for a work crew at our church with chicken rice soup. The only thing I changed is I left out the poppy seeds. Thanks for the great recipe."
"A keeper. I only needed to make 6 sandwiches so I reduced some of the ingredients. I also put 3 slices of ham on each sandwich because 1 seemed like not enough. The poppy seeds clumped together so I used a knife to spread them after dabbing with the butter mixture. I used yellow mustard but honey or Dijon would be nice too."
"Mmmmm....delicious! So easy to assemble, and they taste wonderful! A guest who came over for an informal meal with us raved about them. This recipe is in my "best of the best" file!"
"This is a fantastic sanwhich - all thumbs up and devoured in my house!"
"Haven't tried these yet, but they look good!"
"I used leftover slices of spiral sliced baked ham and colby jack cheese. These were really good!"
"Made this many times and it is always a hit. I use slice baked ham instead of the deli ham and use half the butter mixture."
"I served these yummy sandwiches at a Baby Shower that I hosted and they were a huge hit. Everyone wanted the recipe! I was able to make them up a few hours before the shower and waited to put them in the oven until I was ready to serve lunch. The aroma from the kitchen was a big hit too!"
"So, so good!"
"Very very good!!!!"
"These sandwiches are great for a party or gathering and taste absolutely divine! Don't plan on having any left over!"
"These were very good!!! My kids weren't too fond of the poppy seeds, so next time I will just sprinkle the poppy seeds on some of the sandwiches instead of adding them to the butter mixture. I used 6 regular sized kaiser rolls instead of the small ones and followed the recipe from there. Next time, I will use hamburger buns or the small rolls. And yes, they definitely smelled wonderful while they were cooking!!!"