Hot Colby Ham Sandwiches
"This yummy recipe is a favorite with friends and family," assures Sherry, Crenshaw, Fort Worth, Texas. "Not only are the warm sandwiches easy to assemble, but they smell so good when baking that no one can resist them. They're a staple at our get-togethers."
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 15 dinner rolls (about 3-inch diameter), sliced
- 15 slices Colby cheese
- 15 thin slices deli ham (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and
- sugar. Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top each with Colby cheese, ham and
- mozzarella. Drizzle with half of the butter mixture.
- Replace roll tops. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 15 servings.