WITH the first chill in the air, I begin thinking of hot cocoa. This simple recipe can be stirred up in no time, rich tasting and just enough for two.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa; stir in 2/3 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in milk powder and remaining water. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in vanilla. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hot Cocoa in Reminisce Extra November 2007, p52
Reviews for Hot Cocoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"I modified the recipe just a tad by omitting the vanilla. Otherwise, we liked it. My husband thought that I used Hershey's syrup. :) Nope, just Hershey's baking cocoa."
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2011
"Great for a quick recipe!"