Hot Cocoa Souffle Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 4 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat a 2-qt. souffle dish with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with 4 teaspoons sugar; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cocoa, flour, salt and remaining sugar. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Stir in butter. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the bowl, stirring constantly. Add vanilla; cool slightly.
- In another large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg whites into chocolate mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- Transfer to prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hot Cocoa Souffle(3)
Sort By :
I would imagine by using whole milk, the soufflé would taste more rich, and have mare calories and cholesterol than the recipe using fat-free milk. I don't have fat-free milk in the house, so when I make this recipe, I will be using whole mile
Wonder if this could be made with regular milk instead of the fat-free, or if the recipe will not work properly?
Haven't tried this one yet but it looks so good will save the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >