Hot Cinnamon Cocoa
"THERE'S NOTHING that warms a body on a cold winter day like a steaming cup of cocoa, and my mother's was extra-special. She would put a small piece of cinnamon in to add more flavor. Mmm-m-m, it was good."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups scalded milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks (about 3 inches each)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In the top of a double boiler, stir together cocoa, sugar and salt.
- Gradually add boiling water. Place over direct heat and boil for 2
- minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk and cinnamon sticks and place
- over boiling water. Stir and heat 10 minutes. Remove sticks and stir
- in vanilla. Beat with a wire whisk to froth milk. Serve immediately.
- Yield: about 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 179 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.