Hot Cider with Orange Twists Recipe
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 unpeeled fresh orange slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Additional orange slices and cinnamon sticks
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Push two cloves through each orange slice. Push a cinnamon stick through the center of each orange slice; add to cider mixture.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until heated through. Discard oranges, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Stir cider before serving. Use additional oranges and cinnamon sticks to make orange twist garnishes. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
1 cup: 127 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Hot Cider with Orange Twists
"We make this cider every fall/winter and around Christmas time for family and friends. I always get rave reviews!"
"This is our favorite cider recipe! We make it every winter, and guests always ask for the recipe."