- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 unpeeled fresh orange slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Additional orange slices and cinnamon sticks
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Push two cloves through each orange slice. Push a cinnamon stick through the center of each orange slice; add to cider mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until heated through. Discard oranges, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Stir cider before serving. Use additional oranges and cinnamon sticks to make orange twist garnishes. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Hot Cider with Orange Twists in Quick Cooking December 2000, p56
Reviews for Hot Cider with Orange Twists
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
We make this cider every fall/winter and around Christmas time for family and friends. I always get rave reviews!
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2012
This is our favorite cider recipe! We make it every winter, and guests always ask for the recipe.