"I first tasted a steaming mug of this comforting beverage on a frigid evening," recalls Catherine Allan of Twin Falls, Idaho. "It's still a family favorite on a wintry day."
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 unpeeled fresh orange slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Additional orange slices and cinnamon sticks
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Push two cloves through each orange slice. Push a cinnamon stick through the center of each orange slice; add to cider mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until heated through. Discard oranges, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Stir cider before serving. Use additional oranges and cinnamon sticks to make orange twist garnishes. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Hot Cider with Orange Twists in Quick Cooking December 2000, p56
Reviews for Hot Cider with Orange Twists
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
"We make this cider every fall/winter and around Christmas time for family and friends. I always get rave reviews!"
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2012
"This is our favorite cider recipe! We make it every winter, and guests always ask for the recipe."