Hot Cider Punch Recipe
My hot fruit punch has been a family fave since 1993—hard to believe that we’ve loved it for 20 years! Adding clove-studded orange wedges makes it look especially festive. —Anita Bell, Hermitage, Tennessee
- 3-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium orange, cut into wedges
- 1. Place cider, sugar, cinnamon stick and nutmeg in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in orange and pineapple juices. Insert cloves into orange wedges; add to cider mixture and heat through. Discard cinnamon stick. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without orange wedges) equals 107 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC