Hot Cider Punch
My hot fruit punch has been a family fave since 1993—hard to believe that we’ve loved it for 20 years! Adding clove-studded orange wedges makes it look especially festive. —Anita Bell, Hermitage, Tennessee
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium orange, cut into wedges
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the cider, sugar, cinnamon stick and
- nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20
- Meanwhile, insert cloves into orange wedges; add to cider mixture.
- Stir in orange and pineapple juices; heat through. Discard cinnamon
- stick. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.