My hot fruit punch has been a family fave since 1993—hard to believe that we’ve loved it for 20 years! Adding clove-studded orange wedges makes it look especially festive. —Anita Bell, Hermitage, Tennessee
- 3-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3 cups DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium orange, cut into wedges
- Place cider, sugar, cinnamon stick and nutmeg in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Stir in orange and pineapple juices. Insert cloves into orange wedges; add to cider mixture and heat through. Discard cinnamon stick. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hot Cider Punch in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p80
Reviews for Hot Cider Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2013
"I just made this recipe for New Year's Eve and everyone really enjoyed it. My only suggestion is that if there is left over to pull the remaining oranges and cloves out as left in it made our left overs a bit bitter."