- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 gallon apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 individual tea bag
- In a large stockpot, combine the water, allspice, cinnamon stick and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Return just to a boil. Discard cinnamon stick and tea bag. Stir and serve warm. Yield: 18 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Hot Cider
Sort By :
This is by far the best Hot Cider recipe. I cut the recipe in half & added spiced rum to each cup. Next time I will add a handful of dried cranberries or golden raisins to each mug. The heat from the hot cider will plump them up, but have to remember to serve it with a little spoon so they can be spooned up?..! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us all.