- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 45 crisp ladyfinger cookies (about 13 ounces)
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- For hot cocoa, in a small saucepan, mix cocoa, sugar and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in milk until blended; transfer to a shallow bowl. Cool completely.
- For tiramisu, in a heatproof bowl of a stand mixer, whisk egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until blended. Place over simmering water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisking constantly, heat mixture until a thermometer reads 160°, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. With the whisk attachment of a stand mixer, beat on high speed until thick and pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Add mascarpone, beat on medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture.
- To assemble, spread one-third of the cream mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Quickly dip half of the ladyfingers halfway into cooled hot cocoa; arrange over cream. Repeat layers. Spread with remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and cinnamon. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings
Originally published as Hot Chocolate Tiramisu in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p178
Reviews for Hot Chocolate Tiramisu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review