- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- Grease the bottoms only of twelve 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; set aside. In a large microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and yolks on high speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; beat into egg mixture just until combined.
- Fill prepared ramekins half full; sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar; serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Hot Chocolate Souffles
Sort By :
Sounds very good, however, nutritional values would be appreciated for us on special diets due to health reasons.
This was very easy. I even made only a half recipe and it was the most decadent dessert we have had in a long time. Only thing I personally added with 2 Andi Mints under the marshmellows. This is my new go to chocolate dessert!
I really wanted to like this one. I followed all directions to the T and wouldn't even let my teen help so she didn't mess it up ;-) Timing of cooking was off for me. I left it in for about 18 minutes and it was still not set in the middle. I pulled it out anyway just in case I was overcooking it somehow. Wow. Is this ever sweet. I like sweet. Alot. But this is a little over-the-top in the sweet field. Probably won't make again...and I still have leftover batter in the fridge.
Mine sunk in the middles, is it supposed to do that? Either way it was sooo delicious!
I want to make this but was wondering...can I combine everything into one big dish instead of individual ones? and if so do I need to make any changes to the recipe/times for cooking?