Hot Chocolate Souffles
These individual chocolate souffles are fudgy and delicious. They look impressive but are easy to make. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- Grease the bottoms only of twelve 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; set
- aside. In a large microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until
- smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and yolks on high speed for 3 minutes or
- until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and
- lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine
- flour and baking powder; beat into egg mixture just until combined.
- Fill prepared ramekins half full; sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake at
- 400° for 12-15 minutes or until the top is puffed and center
- appears set. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar; serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.