These individual chocolate souffles are fudgy and delicious. They look impressive but are easy to make. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- Grease the bottoms only of twelve 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; set aside. In a large microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and yolks on high speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; beat into egg mixture just until combined.
- Fill prepared ramekins half full; sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar; serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hot Chocolate Souffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p99
Reviews for Hot Chocolate Souffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review