Hot chocolate is my go-to winter indulgence. To go with it, I like this moist pumpkin cake dusted with cocoa for an extra chocolate boost. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Featured In: 37 Awesome Ways to Love Pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Baking cocoa or confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Beat first seven ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Cool in pan 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack; cool completely. If desired, dust with cocoa. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Hot Chocolate Pumpkin Cake in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Reviews for Hot Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2016
"love, love, love this cake. got rave reviews from the friends I shared it with."