Hot Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe
This is a variation of the cookies my mother made when I was growing up. Now my 13-year-old daughter and I bake them together. They’re always a huge hit! The taste is like rich hot chocolate baked into a scrumptious cookie. —Larry Piklor, Johnsburg, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave; stir until smooth. Drop a teaspoonful of marshmallow creme into the center of each cookie. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Immediately sprinkle with candies. Place on waxed paper and let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC