Hot Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave; stir until smooth. Drop a teaspoonful of marshmallow creme into the center of each cookie. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Immediately sprinkle with candies. Place on waxed paper and let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Hot Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Sort By :
"These were really good. Very messy on the cookie sheet but very tasty. I accidentally forgot to add the peppermint extract into the cookie mix, so I added it into the marshmallow fluff instead and that worked great. Plus they are a very festive looking Christmas cookie. :) Oh, also my kids had a lot of fun crushing the peppermint candies into powder for the tops of the cookies."
"These were good and easier than I thought they would be."
"I thought the cookies were really dry. I would not make them again."
"I just made these. I was excited to try them because I love peppermint hot chocolate and to combine that taste in a cookie was something I had to try. I was disappointed right away when the cookie dough seemed a little on the dry side and sure enough when they were done baking the cookies turned out a little crumbly. While they taste alright the process was just too messy and time consuming for us to want to make again. The presentation of them looks pretty though, so they have that going for them."