Hot Chocolate Linzer Cookies Recipe
This is like having hot chocolate in a cookie. These adorable cookies are filled with marshmallow creme to make them taste even more authentic. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups marshmallow creme
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, ground almonds, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/16-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. gingerbread man cookie cutter. Using a floured 3/4-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart from half of the cookies.
- 3. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Spread the bottom of each solid cookie with 1 tablespoon marshmallow creme; gently place cutout cookies over creme. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 20 cookies.
1 cookie equals 236 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC