- comes out clean. Cool cake completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy; beat in
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add marshmallow
- creme; beat until light and fluffy. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- or until easy to handle. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; arrange on waxed
- paper-lined baking sheets.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar
- and cocoa until combined. Beat in milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Crumble cake into bowl; mix well.
- Shape 1 tablespoon cake mixture around a marshmallow ball. Return to
- baking sheets. Repeat with remaining cake mixture and marshmallow
- balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip cake balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to
- baking sheets; let stand until set. Dust tops with cocoa. Store in
- an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cake ball equals 194 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.