Hot Chili Cheese Dip
In Madera, California, Jeanie Carrigan simplifies party preparation by using her slow cooker to create this thick cheesy dip. "Your guests won't believe how good it is," she says.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook
- 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the chili, salsa, cream
- cheese and olives. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated
- through, stirring occasionally. Stir before serving with tortilla
- chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 21 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.