Hot Cheese Dunk Recipe
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese or American cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Assorted vegetables or bread cubes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine milk powder and water; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and bouillon until blended. Add the pepper sauce and reserved milk.
- 2. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted. Serve warm with vegetables or bread. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 176 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.