Hot Cheese Dunk Recipe
Field editor Sharon Mensing, Greenfield Iowa, shares this fun and economical fondue, made with dry milk powder, cheese, chicken bouillon and garlic. It's a great dipper for veggies, pretzels and assorted crackers.
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese or American cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Assorted vegetables or bread cubes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine milk powder and water; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and bouillon until blended. Add the pepper sauce and reserved milk.
- 2. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted. Serve warm with vegetables or bread. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 176 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Hot Cheese Dunk
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC