- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese or American cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Assorted vegetables or bread cubes
- In a small bowl, combine milk powder and water; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and bouillon until blended. Add the pepper sauce and reserved milk.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted. Serve warm with vegetables or bread. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Hot Cheese Dunk in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Cheese Dunk
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review