Hot Cheese Dip
This recipe started at schoolI'm a teacher, and when a colleague brought Hot Cheese Dip to our regular staff potluck, I immediately gave it an A+.
Cooking, baking and collecting recipe books are among my favorite hobbies. Best of all, though, I enjoy time with my husband and our daughter.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a shallow baking dish or pie plate, combine all the first six
- Top mixture with pepperoni and olives. Bake at 325° about 25
- minutes or until bubbly. Serve with rye chips, crackers of choice or
- assorted fresh vegetables. Yield: 35 appetizer servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 206 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.