Hot Cheddar-Mushroom Spread Recipe
One of my high school friends brought this fuss-free appetizer to a get-together and the rest of us couldn't get enough of it. I've since made it for family parties and potlucks, where it is always a hit.—Becky Ruff, Monona, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cans (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheeses, mushrooms and dressing mix. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC