Hot Cauliflower Crab Spread
Many of our favorite recipes features vegetables, especially cauliflower and broccoli. This spread from my sister-in-law is a great special-occasion meal starter. —Ruth Bartman, Norman, Idaho
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflowerets, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, crab, mayonnaise, Parmesan
- cheese, garlic salt and lemon-pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in.
- pie plate. Sprinkle with pimientos.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and
- edges are golden brown. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 70 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.